Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Lesson Plans You've All Been Waiting For!

Finally I am posting about the last 3 sessions of Gym…I guess you could call that a little “behind”! Oh well, I figure everything will get done eventually  For all of you out there who have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the lesson plans to see what we’ve been up to, I’m sorry for the delay!

We had our first outdoor session today and it was a ton of fun! It was a beautiful, sunny, almost hot, day in Arkansas. It was forecasted to be 78 and sunny today and in my opinion it is perfect outside! I’m very excited about the spring weather that has graced us with its presence and I know the members of Andrew’s Gym were excited about it too! Babies seem to be so much happier when they are outside, something about the fresh air I suppose.

Today we learned about outdoor things. We tried to listen to some fun songs about spring such as “Mister Sun” but unfortunately my iHome was not operating on its batteries (very sad). Just so we had a little music during class we did sing a song about spring coming! We learned some new signs for animals that we might see including duck, cat, dog, horse and frog! We have really been adding to our repertoire of signs and are hoping that we soon start to see our little men displaying their new language!

The best part of gym was at the end when Caleb’s mom Sarah read us a book about clouds that look like spilt milk and when Parker’s mom Leigh Ann taught us exercises with our strollers (still feeling the burn)! I really love that we have each been able to bring our specialties to the table and share with each other. I think it is not only good for our little men but also for us!!!

Here is this week’s lesson plan and the spring song!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13401253/318-Plan

Here are the last two sessions that were held 2/25 and 3/11. I really won’t elaborate much on them since they were a while ago. I just wanted to make sure that I got the links up to all of the lesson plans – hopefully in the future I can be a little more timely about postings!

2/25
http://www.scribd.com/doc/13401251/225-Plan

3/11
http://www.scribd.com/doc/13401252/311-Plan

1 comment:

  1. I am still so impressed that you've "linked" your word documents!!! You'll have to show me how to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete