Thursday, February 19, 2009

Andrew's Gym!!!

Announcing: Andrew’s Gym for Babies Who Don’t Want to Spend Money!

We recently attended the Little Gym to test it out and see if we liked it. We lo
ved it, but did not love the cost. It is a little pricey and especially because Andrew cried for about half of the session. We did love the fact that it got Andrew out of the house and experiencing new things. After a discussion with Zac, it seemed the answer was to host our own version. So, I have taken on the task of this! I sent out an invitation of sorts to our other baby and mommy friends inviting them to “Andrew’s Gym for Babies Who Don’t Want to Spend Money”

It seems as though we have a hit! Both of Andrew’s friends were interested in coming and came to the first session which was held yesterday. The sessions are held every Wednesday afternoon currently at our apartment, but once it gets nice outside, I would like to take it on the road and go to parks and maybe our friend’s houses also! The great thing about Andrew’s Gym is its portable, free and the sessions are customized to include just what we want to learn.

Here is a sample of the “lesson plan” we did yesterday! ( I'm currently tweaking the way I post PDF files, so for now here is a link)

http://documents.scribd.com/docs/1619okucnj1ca7phe7jp.pdf


We had such a great time, the babies really seemed into all of the activities and it was also fun for the mommies!!! It gets a little boring being a stay at home mom sometimes, especially in a city where you don’t know many people or what’s around. I know Andrew and I are really looking forward to next week’s activities, and I’m sure I’ll get to planning the lesson plan for that one soon! I’m really excited about being able to use my ASL and music minors too! At least all of those hard earned (and expensive) credits are going to something!!!


Hope you enjoyed the photos from the day!

1 comment:

  1. After reading the last two posts, I think Andrew Man Jumbo I lucky to have a Mom like you,
    Love all around,
    A/M/Gma

    ReplyDelete